Sunday, February 3, 2013

Self-Concept

The object which represents the way I see myself is my car. My car is like me in many ways, its sort of shaped like me, its fun like me, and can be open or closed, when its wants to be. I think most of the people who know me well, that see a beetle driving down the road, think of me. I love this car, it is the most fun I have ever had while driving.  
The bug symbolizes the freedom and happiness I feel when I drive it. With the top down, I get the sun on my face, the wind in my hair and everything is open, full of possibilities.

My second object is a baby grand piano. When I was younger, Mom made me take piano lessons, until I broke my wrist a week before my first recital, and that was the end of it. Secretly, I now wish I could have gone back and continued taking those lessons. I wish I were brave enough to take lessons as an adult. I have hidden this desire from my mom and most of my friends. I'm not really sure why. Maybe its a money thing, lessons are a luxury, an expensive one, and I have more important priorities. Someday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment