Sunday, March 17, 2013

Groups, Team and Leadership Styles

Skills I can offer to the group (Minimum of 3):
  1. Creative thinking
  2. Proofreading and editing (I worked in publishing for 18 years)
  3. Design and layout (if needed)
  4. Organization (not my strongest area)
  5. Problem solving (outside the box thinking)
Propose one code of conduct for the group.
  1. Everyone needs to communicate with respect on a regular basis with the entire team.
  2. If you need help, please ask for it.
  3. All ideas are welcome and no judgements offered.
What are my conflict rankings:
  1. Avoidance
  2. Collaborate
  3. Accommodate
  4. Compromise
  5. Competition
I was surprised that avoidance was still first for me but then again only one point separated 1-4. Actually 3 and 4 were a tie. I have always hated conflict, I grew up in a house with a lot of conflict and yelling so when I was younger, I tried to avoid it. As I have gotten older, my perspective has changed and now I try to see all sides and make a more informed decision or compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment